There are three proposals to be put to the IACA General Meeting in early September at Garda. The exact date of the meeting is still to be confirmed.
- To improve the legal and financial operations of IACA by changing the Constitution to relocate the IACA.
- To delete Championship Rule 16 which will then allow the use of electronic communications at World and European Championships. The AIADCA has previously sponsored this change and we will bring us in line with the current practice in most World Sailing Classes and the RRS.
- For the World Presidents to endorse a Class Rule to change Class Rules E.3 and E.4 that would then be put to individual members for a world-wide ballot.
We are seeking your view on these proposals, in particular Proposal 3. Please consider, and if you have an opinion or any insights please email the class president Paul Neeskens.
Links to docs associated with above proposals are below.
- IACA constitution project 2022
- IACA proposal to change IACA constitution
- POL 20220609 A Class Rule Modification
- POL Covering Rule Mod letter
- USACA 2022 Rule 16 Proposal
Comments from Measurer John Dowling